Tuesday 15 September 2009

WEGENERS!





Just when we thought our summer had reached its climax and things were set to calm down we receive a call from Tiaan Bailey asking to accommodate Tom wegener (the Alaia man) and his family. 
The global board shaping star and voted best shaper in the world in a recent poll is on a European tour shaping his infamous wooden Alaias and traveling as he goes. 
With his wife Margie and son and daughter Finlay and Sunday in tow, they spent a few days in Sennen sightseeing and checking the west cornish vibes. 
Dirk and I managed to drag Tom and Fin down to Gwener for a surf on the Alaias and we scored some classic waves. We all agreed the best surf of the summer. 
The wooden treasures were stupidly hard to ride but incredible when you got it right. 
Tom spent his last evening with me helping me shape my own Alaia which I have been trying to do for some time now.
I actually finished it today but ill only post pics when its all linseeded and ready to rock.
Thanks Wegeners for a rad week and we wish you all the best for the coming tour. 

No comments: